Niwaki Sentai Garden Scissors
Niwaki Sentai Garden Scissors
Fab little garden scissors, absolutely brilliant for cut flowers, dead-heading and light pruning, as well as for pottering about aimlessly looking for something to snip.
Sharp, precise blades make for satisfying, clean cuts on softer green stems, as well as being beefy enough to cut through woodier stems up to around pencil thickness.
The traditional round handles are easy to grab, comfy to hold, and allow for the perfect sensitivity of delicate and accurate cuts, combined with great grip for more substantial stuff. They’re fairly small, perfect for smaller hands and jobs in the garden and the home
- 50mm KA-70 carbon steel blades
- Max cut Ø5mm
H 172mm x W 102mm x D 17mm
2 years manufacturer's warranty
Country of origin
Age restricted product
By law, we are not permitted to sell a knife or blade to any person under the age of 18. By placing an order for one of these items you are declaring that you are 18 years of age or over. These products must be used responsibly and appropriately.
Free UK delivery within 3 working days
Care & maintenance
We’re constantly finding new ways to become more sustainable, so we only select products that are built to last. We recommend that you use your scissors correctly to extend their lifespan.
Use it correctly:
- Japanese steel is hard and sharp, and can be more brittle than some people are used to - it will chip if abused
- Do not cut wire, metal, stone, plastic or any other hard material (even bamboo fibres and some very hard woods, especially knots and burrs, can damage steel edges)
- Do not twist or apply uneven pressure
- Cut diagonally across branches (not straight across) so you cut along the fibres
- Pay attention to our maximum cut dimensions, and don’t overdo it (shears are not loppers)
- Use the base of the blades, not the tips, for heavier cuts
Keep it clean
- Remove leaf resin, rust and gunk with a Crean Mate and water
- Dry, wipe over with Camellia oil and store in a dry place
Keep it sharp
New tools won’t need sharpening for some time, but after a while you’ll notice them gradually lose their edge, especially if you’re box clipping (you need REALLY sharp blades to get a good finish with box). Use the Niwaki Sharpening Stones for best results (#1000 grit is best for general sharpening).
- Sharpens scissors every couple of weeks
Returns must be completed within 30 days from the delivery date. Orders cannot be cancelled prior to delivery. The client is responsible for the cost of returning any item, this is non-refundable. Bespoke made-to-order products are not eligible for return or exchange. Please refer to our Terms and Conditions.
Traditional round handles are easy to grab, comfy to hold, and allow for perfect sensitivity
Perfect for smaller hands and jobs in the garden and the home
A fond favourite of professional gardeners across the world, Niwaki brings the very best in Japanese design and craftsmanship, inspiring gardeners and craftsmen to do the things they love, even better. Niwaki offers a extraordinary range of fine garden and woodworking tools, kitchen knives and outdoor gear. A Hori Hori, Crean Mate, Mainichi Secateurs and some Camelia Oil are the absolute essentials for any gardener!
Can't find what you're looking for?
If we don't already stock it, we can certainly source it.